Contact Us Today!


How do I request an accommodation from my employer?

How do I request an accommodation from my employer?

Before telling your employer about your disability, you should speak with your doctor.  You must ask your doctor if there are accommodations that could be made to your job that would enable you to continue to work without jeopardizing your health.  If the answer is yes, a note from your doctor is an essential ingredient to obtaining an accommodation. A NY state disability lawyer can help you identify other ingredients that may be necessary to obtain an employer accommodation.

Once you decide that you are going to tell your employer and ask for an accommodation, you have to find out your company’s application procedure.  There may be forms for both you and your doctor to fill out.  These generally may be obtained from your company’s human resources department. These forms should be filled out completely and thoroughly.  The last thing you need is a denial based on failing to complete the forms properly. Plus, the expertise and representation of a NY state disability lawyer will be essential to your application process.

AREAS SERVED: Manhattan, Brooklyn and metropolitan New York City.

New York Counties: Bronx, Dutchess, Kings (Brooklyn), Nassau, New York (Manhattan), Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond (Staten Island), Rockland, Suffolk, Ulster, Westchester.

New Jersey Counties: Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Salem, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren.

Connecticut Counties: Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, Tolland.

Copyright © 2023, Riemer & Associates, LLC   James Attorney Marketing